Register    Login    Search    FAQ

Welcome
Welcome to gasmaskforum

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Gas mask fetish??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:49 pm 

Have thanks: 10 time
Some of my friends says I'm a gas mask fetishist. Yes, I like to wear gas masks. But they don't give me sexual pleasure. Am I really a fetishist or just a collector who likes to wear his collection's pieces?

What's your toughts?

Facebook
Soundcloud

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Gas mask fetish??
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 22 time
if its not for any sexual reason, then i dont think its a fetish. in wear mine too, but just cuz i think their cool.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:26 am 

Have thanks: 7 time
Jokingly, one of my friends says the same to me. I just play it off. Denying only makes it worse. That being said, I DO NOT have any attraction to this kinda thing. I honestly don't ever think about it :P

As for you, you are far from that. You even have the site which is nicely put together from a collector's perspective. I like to think of us as enthusiasts(as nerdy as that sounds)- a bit obsessive but concerned with mask design and history. Wearing the mask can be an extension of learning about its design. For instance, wearing full MOPP for a short period of time allows you to comment on the experience from an operational perspective- how it was difficult to do this or that. It just makes for a more educated collector I think. As long as you don't find yourself getting turned on by the breathing difficulties then it's all good.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:14 am 

Thanks for sharing your toughts, they were useful. ;)

Facebook
Soundcloud

Report this post

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:20 pm 

By the way, if it's a fetish or not and make me happy and don't hurts other (mentally or physically), why not do it? :D

Facebook
Soundcloud

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:29 am 

Have thanks: 4 time
I'd like to resurrect this thread and post my opinion.

Ok, i may be the exception in this case. I'm a gas mask fetishist. I have no doubt of that (You can tell from my "GasMask Dictionary" work).

In the old days i was just a fetishist, but today i'm a gas mask collector too. And don't worry, i know how to separate those two worlds. :P

I also hate those guys who take a rare model and modify them for fetish or steampunk purposes. My collector side cries about it. That's why i have only one mask modified for it. All the others are in stock condition.
And just if you are wondering, no i don't use all of them for fetish purposes. :lol: Only few and selected modern models.

For those who have any questions, feel free to ask. I'd be glad to explain and/or demystify it.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:55 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
I guess a significant number of you fellows have some unusual interests in these things.
Just like to wear them ( or anything else ) is fine nothing wrong with that I guess it's not harming anyone.
The more you know about these things from use/play the more I can learn from you about practical applications ( care, safety, wear and tear on parts, repair ect ect ).

You know what is bad?
When you start to consider things to the point of making a Phobia about it.
Hoarding is an example of something that started out making you feel good or perhaps better about something until you are buried in examples of it.

At that point it is not fun or even benign.
I don't see that as much of a problem around here from what I have read today.
TheBeaver has been thanked by:

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:18 pm 

Have thanks: 7 time
TheBeaver wrote:I guess a significant number of you fellows have some unusual interests in these things.
Just like to wear them ( or anything else ) is fine nothing wrong with that I guess it's not harming anyone.
The more you know about these things from use/play the more I can learn from you about practical applications ( care, safety, wear and tear on parts, repair ect ect ).

You know what is bad?
Hoarding is an example of something that started out making you feel good or perhaps better about something until you are buried in examples of it.

I like the way you lay things out so clearly in your posts. Here you have a good point, not just on masks but life in general. Lack of self control is the only really destructive force in the world.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 pm 

Have thanks: 1 time
Moulage wrote:
TheBeaver wrote:I guess a significant number of you fellows have some unusual interests in these things.

You know what is bad?

I like the way you lay things out so clearly in your posts. Here you have a good point, not just on masks but life in general. Lack of self control is the only really destructive force in the world.

I try and not take things too seriously.
There is a lighter side to everything.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:41 pm 

Have thanks: 0 time
Tone it down a tad I think people who have a sexual Intrest in gasmasks are pretty rare especially on a collectors forum I personally have a historical Intrest in them and use my GP-5 for working with spray paint engine's and anything else that releases fumes or smells. Not judging for those who are into it. But its probably pretty rare

Report this post

Board index » Slightly Off Topic